Quick links to questions regarding:
Guest safety and routines
Q: What official requirements are currently in place for travellers?
A: Access restrictions to Mainland France and Monaco are currently in effect. International travellers are requested to fill out and carry a travel certificate. More information and the downloadable certificate can be found here.
Important information: Each room occupant travelling from a risk zone as determined by the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (defined as more than 60 cases per 100,000 people per week) or coming from a country outside Europe (Schengen zone) must provide evidence of a PCR test with a negative result carried out not more than 72 hours before arrival in the Principality. Failure to produce said test will result in you being refused check-in. You will need to fill in a form when you arrive.
In line with Monegasque regulations, our guests are required to wear a mask whenever in the hotel, when using public transports, in all indoor attractions (e.g. museums, casino), whenever waiting in line, indoors and outdoors, and in the following outside areas:
• On the Place du Palais Princier
• In the streets and alleys of the old town ("The Rock")
• On the Place du Casino
• On the esplanade of the Fontvieille Shopping Center
Please prepare accordingly.
We also suggest that you keep informed about the latest developments on travel restrictions with this interactive map by IATA.
Q: What new cleaning routines/rules does Columbus Monte-Carlo have now in relation to Covid-19?
A: We are taking all necessary precautions to insure your stay is safe and enjoyable. Our customers and teams safety is our priority. We have obtained the "Monaco Safe” label, a certificate and government guarantee stating that Columbus Monte-Carlo adheres to the preventative measures implemented for clients’ and visitors’ safety.
Here are examples of what we do at our hotel for securing the safety of our guests and teams:
• We follow the guidelines and recommendations of the Monegasque authorities and are certified with the Monaco Safe label
• All guests are provided with information and instructions about COVID-19 related sanitary measures
• We offer disinfectant dispensers in public areas to our guests
• Our Conciergerie and reception desks are equipped with plexiglass screens
• All our staff wear masks and minimizes interactions with guests
• We minimise guest interactions by making sure the elevators and shuttle bus are used by a single person (or a party sharing a room) only
• Regular disinfection of exposed surfaces such as door handles, card terminals and elevator buttons
• Items presenting a contamination risk (pencils, room directories, etc) will be removed from the rooms and are available on simple demand
• Cleaning of your room on request and the service will be carried out during your absence (only for stays longer than 1 night)
• Our air-condition devices have been thoroughly cleaned and disinfected
• Increased focus on hand hygiene
• Increased cleaning and hygiene protocols
If you have any further questions, please contact our reservation agents (+377 92 05 90 00) before your arrival. Our reception team will give you updated information upon your arrival.
This information is valid until further notice and may be updated
Q: What behaviour is expected of guests?
A: In line with Monegasque regulations, our guests are required to wear a mask whenever in the hotel. We ask our guests, for their own safety, to follow the social distancing and hand sanitation recommendations as displayed at the hotel (read more on the use of the swimming pool, elevators, shuttle service and fitness gallery).
Here are examples of security precautions that anyone can take to protect themselves and others from COVID-19:
• Wearing a mask
• Frequent hand washing
• Have hand disinfection ready
• Avoid unnecessary hand contact
• Avoid touching eyes, mouth and nose
• Cover the mouth with the elbow when coughing and sneezing
• Keep at least two meters away from coughing or sneezing persons
This information is valid until further notice and may be updated
Cancellation and rebooking
Q: Can I cancel or change my reservation?
A: For all reservations made before March 17th and for stays until the end of September 2020, we are applying a flexible policy on prepaid stays:
- Contact us before your scheduled arrival date to arrange postponement of your reservation (upon availability and subject to a supplement depending on the new dates chosen). Please contact our reservation team (+377 92 05 90 00) for more information. Should you reach out to us after your arrival the no show policy of your stay will be applied.
- Claim a refund from your travel insurance : You may ask us for a cancellation fee invoice. Please contact our reservation team (+377 92 05 90 00) for more information.
For all reservations made after March 17th, we are confident that you were aware of the travel restrictions and other risks and therefore the cancellation policy stated in your booking confirmation applies. If you booked a non refundable rate and need to cancel, full penalties will apply.
We strongly recommend to book flexible rates, which grants you free cancellation until 48h before your arrival.
If you did not book with the hotel directly, please contact the distributor (booking.com, Expedia etc. ) for information regarding your booking.
Q : I am worried due to the spread of Covid-19 and want to cancel my hotel stay, is that possible?
A: It is understandable that one can be worried but we assure you that the well-being, health and safety of our guests and team members is our top priority. You can read more about how we are handling guest safety here. Should you still wish to cancel your stay please contact our reservation team (+377 92 05 90 00) who will inform you of the alternatives.
Closed or modified facilities & services
Q : Is Columbus Monte-Carlo currently open?
A: Columbus Monte-Carlo is open for traditional hotel guests since June 15th. We also offer a special day-use package for people wishing to rent a room for work reasons.
Q: Which facilities might be closed during my stay?
A: Please note that the Columbus Monte-Carlo is taking all necessary precautions to insure your stay is safe and enjoyable. Our customers and teams safety is our priority and we have put measures in place in line with government guidance. As the advice evolves, it is possible as a result that certain facilities like the fitness gallery, the swimming pool, the bar as well as common areas might be not available or their access restricted. Please note that also certain services can be modified. Our reception team will inform you upon your arrival.
Q: Can I claim a refund if a facility is closed?
A: Our prices have been adjusted to reflect the possibility of temporary closures of certain facilities, we will therefore not be able to grant further price reductions in case of temporary closure of a facility. We thank you for your support.
Q: Is the restaurant open?
A: We guarantee that our hotel guests will be served breakfast and a reduced lunch/dinner menu varying in form (e.g. in the form of a breakfast basket, room service only, buffet style) as the governmental guidelines evolve. Our restaurant TAVOLO is open and guests will be, whenever possible, seated on the terrace facing the Rose Garden, respecting social distancing guidelines. Please book your table by calling +377 92 05 82 35. Tavolo is open from Monday to Friday from 12pm to 2.30pm. Our reception team will inform you extensively upon your arrival.
Q: Is the bar open?
A: Unfortunately, for guest and staff safety reasons and in line with government guidelines, our cocktail bar remains closed for normal business until further notice. You can also order drinks to be consumed in your room. Our reception team will inform you about your options upon your arrival.